SEO (Search Engine Optimization) –
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of improving a website for search engines so it ranks higher in search results. The higher a page is in ranking the more visible it becomes to potential visitors.
Search engine optimization or SEO in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website (or blog) owners to optimize their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings. It is a great way to increase the quality of your web site by making it user- friendly, faster and easier to navigate.
SEO can also be considered as a framework since the whole process has a number of rules (or guidelines), a number of stages and a set of controls. It involves various strategies which results into increase in number of visitors and hence ranking of website.
Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing:
- SEO is pocket friendly rather than PC and other marketing techniques. It is a fixed paid service provided by an agency accordingly.
- An effective SEO strategy would definitely work and improve search engine ranking of your websites.
- Instead of email marketing and SMO technique, SEO is even necessary for website ranking and driving more user traffic on your website.
- Indispensable use of mobile in daily life makes it an important factor in digital marketing. Even Google used to consider mobile website searches as primary content for search engine ranking. This shift makes mobile SEO a bigger factor in SEO technique. Mobile SEO cannot be ignored to improve visibility of a website.
- SEO helps in collection of more ROI. Good search engine ranking also helps to attract visitors and obviously the conversion rate also increases due to higher ranking. So SEO helps in increasing traffic, hence conversion rate and ROI.
- It will help in increasing customers to your website and keep you up in competition. One of two websites of same field has more visitors and customers which has higher ranking in search engines. This is because of user trust on search engine and they mostly consider website of higher ranking.
- It is the process of creation a web page easy to find, easy to crawl, and easy to categorize.
- It is about helping your customers find out your business from among thousand other companies.
- SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy.
- In Digital marketing services SEO is the most important part of digital marketing.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS). To take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- Website design enhancement is critical for the smooth running of a major site. Sites with in excess of one creator can profit by SEO in an immediate and aberrant way. Their immediate advantage is increment in web crawler activity and their roundabout advantage is having a typical structure (agendas) to use before distributing content on the website.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. In the event that two sites are offering a similar thing, the internet searcher upgraded site will probably have more clients and make more deals.
- greatly helps in promotion of website or brand. Users find website in higher ranking sometimes involves in sharing it on social media platforms platforms, like FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
How it works –
Search Engines are typically the software that crawl web-page content. Unlike humans, they are text driven. They perform a particular set of activities such as scanning, crawling, storing indexes, and recovering.
- Crawling: Crawling means following your links and crawling around your website. When Google bot comes to your website, they follow other linked pages also on your website. When Google visits your website for tracking purposes. This process is done by Google’s Spider Crawler.
- Indexing List: Indexing is the organization of information that occurs after crawling which allows pages to be seen on search engines. However, your page must be able to be crawled before indexing can occur. Therefore, it is important to have all your website pages available for crawling.
- Search Engine Algorithms: Unique to every search engine, and just as important as keywords, search engine algorithms are the why and the how of search engine rankings. Basically, a search engine algorithm is a set of rules, or a unique formula, that the search engine uses to determine the significance of a web page, and each search engine has its own set of rules. These rules determine whether a web page is real or just spam, whether it has any significant data that people would be interested in, and many other features to rank and list results for every search query that is begun, to make an organized and informational search engine results page. The algorithms, as they are different for each search engine, are also closely guarded secrets, but there are certain things that all search engine algorithms have in common.
- Retrieving: Once the search engine understands the intended content of the user, it retrieves a group of documents, which it finds relevant to that intended content. This process is quite complicated with the search extending to many different servers and indexes. The simplest way of achieving this is by retrieving a list of existing documents that contain a group of words or keywords aligning to the core concept of the query.