Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a type of internet marketing which uses the benefits of social networking sites as a tool of promoting websites or product, thus increasing traffic towards them and learning from users’ direct reactions. The goal of SMM is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help a company increase brand exposure and broaden customer reach.
Advantage of Social Media Marketing for Your Business
It’s easy to see that Social Media Marketing is a key element for success in marketing and many marketers realize the potential for business growth using the platform. However, some of these professionals are unsure of which tactics to apply and if they are effective. 96% of marketers are currently participating in social media marketing, but 85% of participants aren’t sure which tools are the best to use. We will diminish the confusion by thoroughly explaining the advantages of using social media to market your business.
Increased Brand Awareness– Social Media Marketing is a key element for success in marketing and many marketers realize the potential for business growth using the platform. Implementing a social media strategy will greatly increase your brand recognition since you will be engaging with a broad audience of consumers.
- Regular Content Production- Create new content regularly to improve your SEO and increase your chances of being found online. The more optimized content you produce, the more likely your best buyers will find it during the buying process.
- Infographics & Visual Content- People like & share infographics more than other content. Most digital marketers (90%) say more than half of the content they create includes some sort of visual element image, graphic, video, etc.
- Multimedia- Multimedia, such as mobile marketing, livecasting and podcasting, photo, video and file sharing, can spread the word about your company and help build brand awareness in a very unique and powerful way. This particular type of social media also has the ability to go viral quickly.
- Interactive Content- Interactive content is the future of digital marketing. It keeps people on your site for longer and boosts the chance your content will go viral.
- Re-marketing- Re-marketing is a quickly growing aspect of digital marketing. It is a tool that allows a marketer to continue the conversation with a user and increase the likelihood of a conversion/sale, as well as enhance the lifetime value of a customer.
- Daily Social Posting- You don’t have to write a novel every day, but visitors should be able to look at your social media profiles and know you’re in business. Plus, the more valuable content you post, the higher the chance of a follower sharing your content.
More Inbound Traffic- Without marketing your business on social media, your inbound traffic is limited to your usual customers. The people familiar with your brand are likely searching for the same keywords you already rank for. Without utilizing social media as part of your marketing strategy, you’ll have much more difficulty reaching anyone outside of your loyal customer circle. Every social media profile you add to your marketing mix is a gateway to your website, and every piece of content you post is another opportunity to acquire a new customer. Social media is a melting pot of different types of people with varying backgrounds and behaviors. With different people come different needs and different ways of thinking.
- Create Good Content- Grabbing the interest of your audience is mandatory if you’re looking to increase inbound traffic. You can’t just publish hundreds of low-quality articles and focus only on quantity.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)- SEO is a collection of tools and best practices that help your website rank higher in search engine results, thereby driving more traffic to your site and potentially more business. SEO is the process of making a web page easy to find, easy to crawl, and easy to categorize. It is about helping your customers find out your business from among thousand other companies. SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy.
- Use Social Media Properly- Social media is not simply a repository for auto-posting existing blog articles. If that’s what you’re doing, you might be under utilizing a very powerful tool.
- Optimize High-Traffic Landing Pages – The best place to start is by targeting high-traffic landing pages. Through a series of optimization exercises, you can double, or in some cases triple, the conversion rate on these already popular pages.
Improved Search Engine Rankings- Social media content and strategies can help you and your business achieve better SEO results whereby your website can get improved rankings in the SERPs (Search Engine Page Results). Even though the subject of social media and its relation to search ranking has been a bit muddy for quite some time, it cannot be denied that the social media presence of a business does have an impact on your Google search ranking.
Higher Conversion Rates- With increased visibility, your business gains more opportunities for conversion. Every blog post, image, video, or comment may lead viewers to your company’s website and increase traffic. Social Media Marketing allows your business to give a positive impression through a humanization factor. When brands are interactive by sharing content, commenting, and posting statuses on social media, it personifies a brand. People prefer to do business with other people, rather than companies.
As reported by Social Media Examiner, about 66% of marketers saw lead generation benefits by using social media platforms at least 6 hours per week. Putting your brand in an atmosphere where people are sharing, liking, and talking, can only improve the conversion rates on your existing traffic.
Better Customer Satisfaction- Social Media is a networking and communication platform. Creating a voice for your company through these platforms is important in humanizing your company.
Cost-Effective Ways to Advertise through Social Media- social media plays quite an important role in the field of business marketing. Social media connects millions of people.Social Media Strategy is a Cost-Effective Marketing Tool. Social media marketing is possibly the most cost-efficient part of an advertising strategy. Signing up and creating a profile is free for almost all social networking platforms, and any paid promotions you decide to invest in are a relatively low cost compared to other marketing tactics. Being cost-effective is such an advantage because you can see a greater return on investment and retain a bigger budget for other marketing and business expenses.
Gain Marketplace Insight- Social Media research and insight is a powerful tool for companies. One of the most valuable advantages of social media is marketplace insight. What better way to know the thoughts and needs of your consumers than by directly talking to them? By monitoring the activity on your profiles, you can see customer interests and opinions that you might not otherwise be aware of if your business didn’t have a social media presence.
Thought Leadership- Thought leadership is important for any person and brand wanting to establish themselves as a leader in a particular industry. Thought Leadership is beneficial for both brands and humans. For brands it can help increase brand equity, brand affinity, grow community and establish brand leadership.
Using social media for business boosts your site’s SEO- Search engine crawlers know which pages are consistently earning traffic and which are just floating out there, forgotten and ignored. Although your killer content strategy is the most important factor in your search rankings, driving traffic to your optimized pages will cause them to climb much faster.